Junior Business Development Associate
Support GLG’s New Business team as a Junior Business Development Associate by prospecting, qualifying and establishing relationships with investment professionals at Financial Services firms over the phone and by e-mail engagement. This role is part of a structured training program focused on developing the outstanding enterprise sales talent for quota-bearing roles at GLG post-program.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Participate in structured training, weekly role-plays, and ongoing team feedback to build the foundation of sales skills
- Develop pipeline by qualifying key client profiles in target accounts and inbound leads from marketing campaigns
- Apply sales development best practices with email, phone, and social outreach to connect with new prospects
- Engage with prospects to articulate GLG’s value proposition
- Utilize discovery and objection handling strategies to speak knowledgably with decision makers and to build interest in GLG’s offerings
- Coordinate meetings on account executive’s calendar and log activities in CRM
- Demonstrate ability to consistently achieve or exceed program targets by the end of the second full-time month
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- BS or BA degree in addition to 1-3 years of work experience (career switchers encouraged in addition to sales experience)
- Strong written communication, phone, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Passion and drive for a career in Sales
- Comfort in delivering and receiving feedback on a regular basis
- Highly organized and strong time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Creative and entrepreneurial mindset and are interested in helping build a business and be compensated according to performance
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.