Manager, External Communications – New York
GLG is looking for an energetic and dynamic professional for a media relations role in its New York headquarters.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong writing and editing skills who can help drive our brand and business forward and across all of our offices in 12 countries.
The role, reporting to the Vice President, Communications and Marketing requires an individual who can work independently and collaboratively to drive awareness and recognition of the brand. Potential candidates must have a proven track record in corporate media relations.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work with a great team and to help drive the growth of an exciting and emerging brand.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Help develop, manage, and implement strategic communication and media relations initiatives and programs globally
- Support global business growth and brand positioning in the community through general industry marketing, brand promotion, and thought leadership development
- Work with media and senior GLG executives, acting as public liaison for GLG’s management team
- Integrate GLG’s mission, vision, strategy, and values into an external communication strategy that promotes the company’s strategic business objectives, brand, and culture
- Manage GLG’s outreach programs in New York and beyond including newsletters, sponsorships / partnerships, collateral development, and promotional campaigns
- Pitch, place, prep and coordinate media interviews with senior executives
- Partner with communications colleagues in APAC, EMEA and our Austin offices to coordinate local media relations efforts
- Proactively identify opportunities to showcase GLG as a great place to work
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills essential
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in media relations / communications, or similar enterprise which would suggest the ability to carry out the above responsibilities is required
- Sophisticated understanding of the current media landscape and contracts with reporters in relevant sectors from tech to financial services is required
- Experience implementing strategic external communication programs is preferred
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.