GLG is seeking a Manager on the Finance team to help sustain and accelerate significant top and bottom-line growth within our Americas Financial Services (AFS) business segment. In recent years, our businesses have delivered robust double-digit revenue growth and are well positioned to maintain this growth trajectory going forward.
This individual will be an important partner and team member to the AFS business and the Corporate Finance team. This person will be located in our New York office, manage one finance professional, and will report to the Vice President of Finance.
At a high level, this position will support the financial and operational growth of the AFS business and will involve significant exposure to and interaction with key business stakeholders. We are seeking a strong self-starter with solid analytical skills, financial analysis experience, critical thinking capabilities, outstanding interpersonal skills, the ability to multitask, and an overall entrepreneurial, get-things-done attitude.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Budgeting and Forecasting – Manage mid- and long-range business plans for the AFS business, including the annual budget, quarterly forecasts, and 3-year plan process. Maintain and develop reliable revenue and cost forecasting processes utilizing business manager inputs and internal databases, applying judgment and knowledge of historical performance and trends. Own the regular financial plan update process, including all financial drivers, KPIs, staffing plans, and investments needed to achieve these results.
- KPIs – Develop and demonstrate a deep understanding of the key metrics, operations, and current trends of each distinct business. Develop a viewpoint on all analyses created to make clearly supported recommendations regarding expected initiative outcomes and assessments of risks and opportunities.
- Operating and Strategic – this position is responsible for several operating and strategic initiatives outside of the typical finance function, including serving as a representative for business intelligence efforts, partnering with the Accounting team on the financial close process, and being a thought partner with the Product teams.
- Presentations – Assist with the production of periodic financial reporting materials and the creation of presentations regarding business performance to be viewed by Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
- People Management – Manage and develop one finance professional and ensure that the team is establishing and maintaining strong relationships with all business and department stakeholders. Coordinate with relevant internal stakeholders, including all Business Unit leadership and key corporate departments such as Accounting, Human Resources, Strategy, and Business Intelligence, in order to proactively identify and manage business needs and develop optimized business recommendations and solutions.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- BA/BS degree or higher from a top tier University or College; MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of work experience, ideally in FP&A, investment banking, consulting, or other highly analytical role
- Management experience is preferred
- Analytic creativity, insight, and agility with an ability to build structure around loosely defined projects, and tenacity to drive implementation of new processes/initiatives through to completion
- Senior presence and very strong communication skills (written and oral) and the ability to tailor or adapt communication style to the audience
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office products including MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Devotion to accuracy, detail, analytic consistency, and data integrity
- Ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Knowledge of SQL and business intelligence tools (Tableau) preferred, but not required
- Experience with Anaplan is nice to have
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.