Manager, Projects (Technology) – New York
GLG Projects offers a disruptive alternative to traditional management consulting. For the past 4 years this fast-growing business, led by former top tier consultants, has been serving corporations and investment firms across the globe. Today, business leaders, investors, and entrepreneurs increasingly demand differentiated support and innovative insights. GLG Strategic Projects offers flexible, tailored, and timely solutions for clients, leveraging the world’s leading platform of subject matter experts.
We are looking for a professional with management consulting experience and an entrepreneurial mindset to help accelerate the growth in the technology sector.
The Projects Manager helps business leaders solve some of their most complex business challenges by combining the problem-solving and management skills of top-tier independent consultants and the real-life experience of leading industry experts. This unique partnership approach provides streamlined, customized, and cost-effective project support.
The role offers broad exposure to strategy development and implementation in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Our internal team of former consultants plays a dual role:
- Manage projects from start to finish and work hand-in-hand with each engagement team and client to ensure top quality level of service and deliverables (i.e., similar to a principal role in a consulting firm)
- Be an active partner to Strategic Projects leadership and Business Development team, developing go-to-market strategy and lasting client relationships
- The Manager role offers direct exposure to corporate clients who are at the forefront of technological innovation and disruption in areas such as: Big Data/Analytics, Blockchain, Cloud (SaaS/PaaS/IaaS), Digital Transformation, Internet of Things, Digital Content, Virtualization (SDN/NFV) and VR/AR
- The role also provides regular exposure to business leaders across GLG and unlimited opportunities to build strong relationships with our tech clients and the broader GLG community
- The Manager will be responsible for coaching and mentoring more junior colleagues
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of work experience; 2+ years in management consulting and/or corporate strategy role
- Strong interest in B2B/B2C technology
- Strong project management skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Solid computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Office
- Strong interest in leading commercial negotiations and driving financial performance
- Team player
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.