GLG is seeking a Payroll Specialist to perform complex payroll duties for a global organization experiencing significant headcount growth. This role will perform critical activities in processing the company's domestic payroll for approximately 1,100+ US employees and international payroll for approximately 800+ employees in 14 global locations.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Input and process payroll data for US employees via ADP Workforce and for international employees via ADP Streamline
- Manage employee tax certificates and direct deposit changes in ADP Workforce (US) and Flexi Forms (International)
- Process special payroll requirements such as FMLA/STD leave compensation, sales incentive compensation, commissions, bonuses, overtime, garnishments, gross-ups, etc.
- Ensure timecards are complete and approved by employees and their supervisors
- Respond to payroll-related questions from both employees and Accounting/HR; Resolve individual payroll issues
- Audit payroll transactions (e.g. batches, employee changes, pay rate changes, taxes and transfers), and reconcile identified variances between payroll systems and HRIS
- Calculate payroll changes (new hires, terminations, retroactive adjustments, voluntary/involuntary adjustments)
- Complete manual check requests for final pays or shortage of pay and obtain necessary approvals from authorized approvers
- Research and resolve discrepancies of payroll data such as time sheets, leave time, direct deposit requirements to ensure accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing payroll runs
- Create ad hoc reports using ADP Reporting and Workforce query report writing
- Collaborate with HR Comp and Benefits and HR Business Partner teams on employee pay or related issues as they arise.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Associate degree or higher
- At least 2-3 years of hands-on payroll processing experience in multiple states and/or international payrolls in a high volume and fast paced environment
- Must possess knowledge of payroll taxation concepts and terminology
- A working knowledge of ADP Workforce (US) and ADP Streamline (International) is required
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize varied workload
- Commitment to protect confidential information
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be customer service oriented, as well as experience fielding payroll-related questions from employee base
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.