Pod Leader, Law Firms
GLG is seeking a Pod Leader to oversee a growing client service team of three to five Research professionals in our Law business. The Pod Leader plays a crucial leadership role in GLG’s service organization, overseeing and executing expert witness client engagements for leading global law firms and high profile in-house departments. The Pod Leader ensures their team exceeds its commercial, development, compliance and people targets. The Pod Leader partners with Business Development in expanding client relationships and works with Law Leadership in developing and implementing business performance improvement initiatives.
Our expectation in the near term is for this successful candidate to have responsibility for complete ownership of top tier client service, and will materially affect business change with our clients. This role will be looked at as a GLG leader, and therefore a trusted driver of the overall Law business unit.
The role is based in our New York office.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing and leading a team of junior to mid-level professionals by ensuring best in class client service practices are upheld to drive commercial upside and win competitive share.
- Coaching and leading the Research Team, supporting the team’s professional growth, and actively managing team performance and fostering GLG’s culture within the team.
- Overseeing and executing learning interactions between GLG Council Members (including industry executives, independent consultants, academics, and former policy makers across all sectors) and our clients across GLG’s suite of products for legal clients. Clients seek GLG's support on expert witness and litigation consulting needs. Interactions typically consist of 1:1 telephone consultations, surveys, in-person meetings, writing of expert reports, and/or in-court testimony.
- Partnering with Law Business Development to help grow GLG client relationships, including new clients and senior stakeholders.
- Developing and implementing strategy for key client accounts in close collaboration with our Leadership and Business Development teams. Track team performance to create plans to accelerate growth and revenue near and long-term.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils by developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders and business professionals, as well as recruiting new senior executives and experts through networking and direct outreach.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4-7 years’ experience demonstrating best in class client service capabilities
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of client service professionals
- Successful track record of working in fast paced, client service environment
- Strong go-do attitude and track record of business growth / turnaround
- Passion for problem solving
- Outstanding communication skills and willingness to call and engage senior professionals
- Understanding of legal services clients. Interest in working across industries (energy, consumer, healthcare, technology, business services, real estate, etc.) in the legal industry, primarily through interaction with leading law firm and in-house litigators.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.