Product Manager, Engineering
GLG is looking for candidates to join a growing team of engineers, data scientist, marketers and designers with a passion for building products and solutions, using data (metrics) to drive prioritization and feature decisions.
As a product manager you’ll set the long-term vision and strategy for GLG’s platform solutions and communicate this strategy effectively by being transparent about the prioritization and the roadmap process to your relevant constituencies across the organization.
You will work closely with customers both internal and external, understand them, and be responsible for driving and synthesizing these into new product features and roadmaps - from definition, scoping, prototyping, development, customer training/acceptance, and launch.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and maintain the product vision and roadmap
- Work closely with senior managers across the organization to ensure the product vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Counsel business leaders in operations and other departments on workflow optimization and process definition
- Use Evidence-based Decision-making to your communication in the organization by having real-world user data, customer feedback and metrics
- Measure and analyze existing products and business models for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to developers and customers
- Regularly communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goal
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in engineering, computer science, business or equivalent
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience gathering, analyzing and turning data into actionable insights
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Proficient with SQL or other relational database query languages to build your own data analysis and models.
- Experience defining and visualizing new product features according to customer needs and iterate quickly based on test & learn experiment
- 10+ years of experience operating, managing, and delivering results in a consumer-facing product management role or in a hands-on role supporting end-to-end product development
- Experience having ownership of deliverables for analytics or leading data-driven large-scale product features.
- Experience using metrics to surface investment areas for feature development/fixing, prioritization, and experience communicating this data and paths forward to senior leadership
- Experience with Just in Time and Extreme Programming methodologies
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.