Institute (Senior) Relationship Manager
The GLG Institute (Senior) Relationship Manager for Life Sciences will be responsible for providing client service to mainly C-Level executives in the life science industry. This will include designing individual membership programs and being the point of contact and senior advisor for GLG Institute members by pairing them with prominent chief executives, international subject-matter experts, and policy leaders for direct mentorship, networking, and counsel.
GLG Institute (Senior) Relationship Manager also works closely with GLG Institute advisors and internal GLG team to develop customized products offerings and events for GLG Institute members. Through regular interactions in form of live-meetings and other type of communications, Relationship Managers are expected to cultivate close relationships with and emerge as thought partners to GLG Institute members. GLG Institute (Senior) Relationship Managers need to be able to build relationships across all levels, including executive management, and develop relationships with our advisor and member community.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
GLG Institute (Senior) Relationship Managers are responsible for:
- Curating membership journey’sfor GLG Institute members (mainly C-level executives in the life science industry) based on their diagnosed membership objectives, professional learning goals and career aspirations; membership journey typically consists of a combination of 1:1 meetings, participation at round tables and other educational and networking events.
- Supporting GLG Institute growth through membership renewals, referrals as well as growing relationships with HR-organizations to ensure strong corporate ties
- Facilitating mentoring and coaching interactions between GLG Faculty and our members, to permit our members to advance in their professional development and to make more informed and more confident career decisions. Interactions take place mainly in-person but also over the phone.
- Programming live meetings. GLG Institute Relationship Managers are responsible for organizing and hosting small group conversations between GLG Institute members and GLG Institute Faculty.
- Enhancing the GLG Institute Advisor Community. Recruit most respected thought leaders in the Healthcare sector and other industries to join GLG Institute Advisor Community.
- Growing GLG Institute relationships. Developing relationships with GLG Institute members and advisors, who are primarily senior executives and professionals in the life sciences industry. This relationship development will stem from in-person client meets, project execution, and telephone interactions.
- Team-wide collaboration. As with any senior facing position in a GLG client office, GLG Institute Relationship Managers are expected to help mentor and manage junior colleagues.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Life-Sciences, related field or equivalent
- 5+ years of progressively experience working directly with senior executives in the pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industry in a senior advisor or similar role
- Experience reporting directly to senior executives of a life science organization
- Proven track record of project - and team management as well as coordinating complex internal and external executive meetings
- Ability to relationships across all levels, including executive management
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Proven business communication skills
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism all their endeavors
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.