Sales Development Representative, Corporate Markets
Support GLG’s Business Development team as a Sales Development Representative by prospecting, qualifying and establishing relationships with Fortune 1000 executives over the phone and by e-mail engagement. This role is part of a structured training program focused on developing the outstanding enterprise sales talent for quota-bearing roles at GLG post-program.
- Participate in structured training, weekly role-plays, and ongoing team feedback to build the foundation of sales skills
- Develop pipeline by qualifying key client profiles in target accounts and inbound leads from marketing campaigns
- Apply sales development best practices with email, phone, and social outreach to connect with new prospects
- Engage with prospects to articulate GLG’s value proposition
- Utilize discovery and objection handling strategies to speak knowledgably with decision makers and to build interest in GLG’s offerings
- Coordinate meetings on account executive’s calendar and log activities in CRM
- Demonstrate ability to consistently achieve or exceed program targets by the end of the second full-time month
- BS or BA degree in addition to 1-3 years of work experience (career switchers encouraged in addition to sales experience)
- Strong written communication, phone, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Passion and drive for a career in Sales
- Comfort in delivering and receiving feedback on an regular basis
- Highly organized and strong time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Creative and entrepreneurial mindset and are interested in helping build a business and be compensated according to performance
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.