The Senior Associate role will work with a dedicated GLG service line to set the strategic agenda, support decision making, and implement key initiatives.
- This individual will work on a broad range of projects including product development, capital allocation, sales, marketing, and operations, which will require close partnership with and exposure to the leadership team.
- The role will report to and act as a critical thought partner for the Head of Service Line Growth, and work with a number of professionals from former Tier 1 Consulting Firms.
- At the same time, this role will enjoy a great deal of autonomy to own and drive forwards projects. As the role progresses this individual will own the delivery of larger projects and implementations.
This role will be responsible for strategy development and implementation in a highly entrepreneurial environment. Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Thought leadership: Develop the hypothesis and analytical frameworks to drive decision making on a variety of projects such as product strategy, growth analysis, customer segmentation, product segmentation and standardization, and KPI development.
- Project management: Manage multiple workstreams and projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
- Analytics: Identify and analyze key data sources to put a fact base behind the frameworks and develop readily intelligible output to support decision making.
- Interviews and syndication: Engage with GLG management team and external players to develop a deep understanding of the problem, test frameworks, and craft the right practical answer.
- Presentation: Develop and deliver written and verbal communications to inform and align with key decision makers.
- Implementation: Promote and implement change by working cross-functionally with Technology, Sales, and Operation teams.
An ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Undergraduate degree, and an advanced degree is preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in a relevant fast-paced and analytical consulting, investment banking, or strategy role
- Highly developed relationship-building, change management, and presentation skills to foster effective working relationships, and influence and manage change
- Strong drive to 'crack the problem' with a deep intellectual curiosity and integrity, combined with a practical sense of how to cut to the core issues and analysis
- Solid grip on strategic and financial fundamentals
- Mastery of Excel (experience in building flexible zero-defect models is a must)
- Mastery of PowerPoint (effective storytelling)
- Experience with Tableau and complex SQL queries and strongly preferred
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team environment
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.