Senior Associate, Strategic Projects
GLG Strategic Projects aims to transform the way the consulting industry works. As business leaders, investors and entrepreneurs increasingly seek differentiated support and insights, GLG is strongly positioned today to offer a disruptive alternative to traditional consulting service providers, leveraging the world’s leading platform for professional learning and expertise.
GLG Strategic Projects helps investors, business leaders and entrepreneurs solve some of their most complex business challenges by combining the problem solving and management skills of top-tier independent consultants and the real-life experience of leading industry experts. Projects are managed and run by our internal team of former top-tier consultants. This unique partnership approach provides streamlined, customized and cost-effective project support.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Our internal team of former consultants plays a dual role:
- Support all aspects of Strategic Projects’ deal development and closing, manage projects from start to finish and work hand-in-hand with each engagement team and client to ensure top quality level of service and deliverables (i.e., similar to a principal role in a consulting firm)
- Develop and grow the Strategic Projects’ business through internal cross-BU collaboration.
- The Associate role offers exposure to a broad range of functional responsibilities, including product development, capital allocation, sales, marketing, and operations.
- The role also provides regular exposure to the full GLG senior management team and broader organization, and unlimited opportunities to build strong relationships with our clients.
- At the same time, the role will enjoy a great deal of autonomy to own and drive forwards projects, and as the role progresses to own delivery of larger projects and implementations.
- The position will report to one of the AVP/VPs of Strategic Projects who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development. Strategic Projects is one of the fastest growing business units at GLG and creates significant opportunities for increasing responsibilities.
The role offers broad exposure to strategy development and implementation in a highly entrepreneurial environment. Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Support all aspects of deal development and closing
- Work closely with senior-level clients to help scope and structure their most-pressing needs
- Work with legal team on contracting agreements
- Work closely with top-tier independent experts to meet client needs
- Work with GLG Business Development and Research teams to ensure full internal collaboration on projects
- Manage and oversee all aspects of project success
- Build lasting relationships with our clients and experts
- Lead internal and external Strategic Projects business development initiatives, and contribute to growing GLG SP to a $50M+ business
An ideal candidate will have the following:
Required Skills and Experience
- 3-4+ years at a top-tier management consulting firm
- Strong project management skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Solid computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Office
- Entrepreneurial zeal
- Team player
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.