GLG is seeking a Senior Director to join our communications team.
GLG is the preeminent platform in the expert economy, which we founded 20 years ago and continue to lead today. Our platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework.
The Senior Director responsible for media relations will be based in our New York headquarters. Reporting directly to the Head of Public Affairs, the successful candidate will play a central role in shaping our brand positioning and media strategy and helping to execute smart, effective communications campaigns. The candidate selected will help guide communications efforts to elevate GLG’s brand and drive awareness of our platform’s purpose, power, and business model among a diverse range of audiences: reporters, bloggers, and thought leaders; clients and potential clients in every industry; experts and potential experts around the world; and prospective talent.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Head of Public Affairs and the GLG leadership team to find smart ways to communicate the power of GLG's platform to a range of media and other audiences.
- Coordinate with GLG’s Marketing and business development teams to drive earned media strategies that grow and enhance GLG's reputation and brand awareness among clients, potential clients, experts, potential experts, and the global business community.
- Monitor trends and opportunities in earned media environments and help to develop and execute both targeted and long-term earned media campaigns.
- Use your media skills, experience, and instincts to support the Head of Public Affairs in serving as a trusted communications adviser to the GLG leadership team.
- Help manage a team of writers and outside consultants.
- This is a senior role which requires 5-8 years of experience in a communications, government, journalism, technology, or related enterprise, with demonstrated ability to carry out the above responsibilities.
- The successful candidate will be a strong writer with excellent attention to detail who thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience advising senior executives on media relations is preferred.
- The successful candidate will be both a strong leader and a team player, with excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to collaborate constructively.
- Preferred but not required: strong relationships with national business and technology reporters, editors, and bloggers who cover changes in the way the world’s businesses innovate, make decisions, and execute priorities.
- A demonstrated passion for working on significant and complex issues at the intersection of business and technology.
- A demonstrated interest in harnessing the changing media landscape to evolve communications strategies in new and innovative ways.
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.