GLG Energy & Industrials (EI) Senior Content Managers serve internal thought leaders around GLG’s capabilities in the sector, driving innovative content and bespoke event programming for our clients and leading the growth of our Councils of key executives.
You will be the right candidate if you are passionate about energy, industrials, transportation, and finance, and will enjoy the challenge of facilitating learning engagements for our clients.
You take responsibility for the work you do and are proactive in seeking opportunities to grow. You care about engaging in meaningful, impactful work and you hold yourself to a higher standard.
You forge meaningful relationships. You are responsive, insightful, and are excited by the mandate to delight your clients. You approach a problem with an open mind and revel in a creative solution.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Build relationships with key thought leaders in the EI space to develop cutting edge in-person and virtual event content.
- Spearhead execution of our client engagement plan across client investment strategies and seniorities through programming and curating events, including small roundtables, facility tours, webinars, and panels.
- Contribute to the design, development, positioning and marketing of our EI solutions/products.
- Host in-person and virtual events between EI thought leaders and GLG clients, serving as a moderator for these discussions.
- Partner with industry-focused clients on bespoke solutions and contribute to new product innovation to keep pace with changing client needs and industry trends.
- Work as part of collaborative interoffice teams to deliver results.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3 to 7 years relevant experience, ideally in marketing or industry research within the EI space. Other relevant experience in the industry will be considered.
- Ability to “connect the dots” between trending topics and investor priorities, build events based on these issues, and position and market these events to both internally to business development/client service teams and directly to GLG clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to project professionalism and competence in front of clients. Successful candidate will be a confident, persuasive, and able communicator comfortable with unfamiliar topics and challenging client situations.
- An orientation toward action and passion for execution. Ability to manage a large number of highly complex tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and desire to work in an autonomous and fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Desire to conduct in-person, email, and telephone outreach to clients and senior industry thought leaders and experts.
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Express a strong desire to work in a team.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.