GLG Projects offers a unique alternative to traditional management consulting, which harnesses the breadth and depth of the GLG’s network. Our unique service platform partners top tier independent consultants with industry experts to deliver on consulting engagements. This is an exciting time to join the rapidly growing Projects business, in a highly visible role that provides tons of opportunity to make an impact, and allows for a flexible work-life balance.
The Talent Partner will be an integral member of an entrepreneurial team, who will drive decision-making by partnering with our internal engagement leaders on project staffing decisions, growing and managing a community of high caliber independent consultants, and manage the deployment of custom consulting teams. Furthermore, this individual will be the team leader responsible for scaling and professionalizing how we deploy consulting talent on all of our client engagements across all industries.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Talent deployment and management
- Partner with internal stakeholders to customize high performing teams of independent consultants based on engagement requirements
- Deploy client teams effectively and manage their performance
- Collaborate, support, but also challenge internal teams on staffing decisions when necessary
- Assess project staffing quality and incorporate feedback into future engagement decisions
Manage the community of independent consultants
- Grow a forward-looking pipeline of high-caliber independent consultants to meet current and future engagement needs
- Manage a community of independent consultants and subject matter experts
- Report to the leadership on talent, staffing and execution trends
Outreach and relationship management
- Form trust-based relationships with independent consultants
- Manage teams of consulting partners and practice areas
- Oversee a feedback loop with consultants to guide their development
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 5 years of consulting experience or in talent management within consulting
- Must be mature, perceptive, personable, collaborative and have strong relationship building skills to build credibility with internal stakeholders and senior consultants
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.