GLG’s Council Management organization is committed to providing the best possible experience for GLG’s core assets – our council members. Our clients rely on our 600,000+ member-experts to provide insights to support their critical decisions.
The Data Strategy & Operations team defines and executes innovative data strategies that allow GLG to deliver on its core mission to both council members and clients. The team is responsible for building, enriching and maintaining the data sets that power GLG’s most fundamental business operations.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join this growing team and help drive a key strategic initiative for the company. The day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Take on end-to-end ownership of specific data initiatives, including problem solving, analytics, stakeholder management, and project execution
- Apply innovative and creative thinking skills to solve complex data challenges
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses to identify data improvement opportunities that can deliver meaningful business impact; develop business cases for specific investments
- Understand business needs and use cases for data improvements; translate needs into concrete data requirements and execution plans
- Contribute to development of a data vision and prioritizing a data enrichment roadmap
- Define business rules for data elements and data collection strategies
- Conduct market research to help design taxonomies, data attributes and reference data sets that meet specific business use cases
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders across the organization to drive initiatives forward, including business unit, product management, and technology partners
- Stay up to date with the external data market to identify new capabilities & sources that may accelerate underlying business goals; lead licensing negotiations / discussions with third-parties where relevant
- Serve as the “go to” subject matter expert to support development of end-use applications drive data innovation
We are looking for someone who can thank strategically and operate with a detailed, execution-oriented mindset. Working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, this person will be accountable for working with various cross-functional teams within GLG to drive initiatives forward and get projects completed.
Specific requirements include:
- An undergraduate degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, specifically a background in data strategy, data-oriented products, data management and operations, or similar
- Strong general problem-solving and project management skills, including working in a highly collaborative environment with cross-functional teams
- Ability to independently drive your own complex workstream
- Experience working with product and engineering teams, including working on business problems that involve technology solutions
- Strong data analytic skills; ability to structure and execute your complex analyses on your own as needed
- Ability to identify and execute on improvements to processes and workflows
- Experience with data sourcing, vendor management, or data licensing is a plus
- Some experience in performing SQL queries is a plus
The candidate will also need to:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Express a strong desire to work in a team and in a highly-collaborative
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.