Senior Manager, Customer Insight and Value Proposition
GLG is transforming the way the world’s top professionals share expertise and learn. GLG’s network of 600,000 experts works with our 1,400 employees in 22 offices in 12 countries. We are looking for someone to join a team focused on transforming the value proposition of our council members.
The overall purpose of the role is to expand the council member value proposition by:
- developing a deep understanding of council member unmet needs;
- identifying and testing product concepts to address those unmet needs; and,
- partnering with engineering and marketing to bring those products to life, at scale.
You will report to the VP of Council Member Experience, who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development. You will have regular exposure to GLG’s senior management team, including the head of Council Management.
The day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Customer Insight and Market Research: Build a strong understanding of our council members, their unmet needs, and use these insights to inform our value proposition strategy. Conduct market research.
- Product Concept Testing: Define and launch pilots to test hypotheses, continually evolving our understanding of council member personas. Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to interpret results, and inform strategic direction.
- Product Development: Partner with our engineering team to turn concepts into products at scale.
- Go-to-Market: Develop and execute on strategies to bring new offerings to market. Apply understanding of personas to create effective messaging and campaigns. Continually optimize campaigns based on quantitative analysis of results.
- Presentation preparation and development:Develop written and verbal communications to inform and align with key decision makers and demonstrate real business impacts.
Specific requirements include:
- BS or BA degree; MBA desirable
- 8+ years of experience in, for example, product management, customer insight, product marketing, or innovation.
- Proficiency in and familiarity with multiple customer research methods: interviews, focus groups, surveys, paper pilots, etc. Superior skills in identifying unmet needs, with ability to distill findings into strategies to drive growth and engagement.
- Experience defining new product features to address customer needs, iterating quickly based on test and learn experiments.
- Experience in successfully bringing products to market (go-to-market experience), through implementation of segmented campaigns and messaging.
- Strong drive to 'crack the problem' with a deep intellectual curiosity, combined with a practical sense of how to cut to the core issues
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-starter and analytical thinker
An ideal candidate will:
- Have superior communication and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Have a sense of ownership and an entrepreneurial spirit; be comfortable in a dynamic and evolving organization
- Be a strategic thinker, with a strong passion for understanding and solving for customer and business needs
- Have a strong ability to influence and drive results within the organization at all levels and with all functions
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.