Senior Manager, Project Staffing and Talent Management
Strategic Projects, division of GLG
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it/sp.
GLG is looking for a senior manager for Strategic Projects, to help us scale and professionalize how we staff, organize and deploy independent consultants on client engagements.
GLG Strategic Projects offers a unique alternative to traditional management consulting, which harnesses the breadth and depth of the GLG network. Our unique service platform partners top tier independent consultants with industry experts to deliver consulting engagements. The division is growing rapidly, so this is an exciting time to be a part of our team. In this role you will work in a fast-growing, dynamic and entrepreneurial team with broad exposure to managing make-up of consulting teams and a network or independent consultants.
The successful candidate will be mature, perceptive, personable, collaborative, and builds credibility with internal stakeholders and senior/experienced consultants. You will be an independent contributor, able to direct project team composition and problem-solve to resolve complexities. The leadership will provide close mentorship and on-going relationship.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Project staffing and team assessment
- Full responsibility for staffing on Projects of independent consultants: project managers, advisers, and associates
- Ensures high quality staffing suitable for individual project needs
- Interacts, supports, and challenges internal teams to ensure the right staffing
- Ensures feedback loop upon project completion to ensure client and team feedback provided to consultants
- Assesses project staffing quality and incorporated feedback into future staffing decisions
Staffing pipeline management
- Creates and manages a forward-looking pipeline to ensure and schedule availability of high-quality consultants
- Collaborates with Council Management team to manage a community of independent consultants, their needs, capabilities and preferences
- Closely liaises with Council Engagement team within Projects to custom recruit independent consulting talent where needed
- Builds a tool to dynamically manage pipeline and staffing
Outreach and relationship management
- Forms trust-based relationships with consultants and advisors, working closely with Council Engagement team
- Provides timely feedback to consulting resources
- Builds out and manages teams of consulting partners and practice areas
- 3+ years of consulting experience preferably at McKinsey, Bain, BCG; or Big
- Ideally, 1+ year in consulting staffing/professional development (HR) with direct exposure to consultants.
- Mature, perceptive, personable, collaborative and builds credibility with internal stakeholders and senior/experienced consultants
- Strong organizational, project management, problem-solving and cross-functional coordination ethic
- Skilled communicator and a genuine listener
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.