Sr. Manager, Corporate Development and Strategic Partnerships
The purpose of this role is to support GLG’s growth and key business initiatives by sourcing, negotiating, and managing strategic partnerships. The role will offer exposure to a broad range of issues and strategic priorities across GLG’s business and functional units. You will spend the majority of your time surveying the market, building relationships, and representing GLG in discussions and negotiations with third-parties.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Building relationships, monitoring activity and tracking developments in the data, information, and professional learning markets across GLG’s main client segments;
- Proactively identifying and sourcing potential partnership opportunities in support of strategic priorities across GLG’s business units;
- Initiating discussions with potential partners and quickly assessing value / fit, prioritizing opportunities for further discussion;
- Building the business case for potential partnership and presenting appropriate opportunities to executive team and BU leaders;
- Owning the overall discussion / negotiation process with partners, including negotiating various business agreements (e.g., partnerships, licensing and vendor relationships, distribution agreements, etc);
- Develop post-partnership implementation plans to enhance execution and value capture of the partnership;
- Managing partnerships on an ongoing basis, including performing data-driven assessment of partnership value to GLG;
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- >4 years of experience sourcing, evaluating, and negotiating strategic partnerships, licenses, or similar agreements;
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills, comfort initiating discussions / cold-calling, and proactive mentality
- Strong general business acumen and problem solving skills, able to quickly understand broad range business problems and think strategically about how partnerships / third-party collaboration could help solve the problem;
- Strong communication and presentation skills, able to represent GLG effectively and with credibility to external parties, including explaining the value of partnering with GLG;
- Collaborative working style with soft touch to work across BUs and functional teams, and build and maintain relationships with senior managers
- Familiarity with the data, information, and professional learning market, especially as related to the needs of GLG’s key client segments (e.g., financial services, professional services, corporates);
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.