Senior Research Associate, Life Sciences
Senior Research Associates will be responsible for supporting GLG client relationships with Life Sciences clients. As such, they will work closely with the GLG team in facilitating primary research via engagements with some of the world’s leading physicians, executives and key opinion leaders in the healthcare sector.
Senior Associates are responsible for driving GLG’s underlying business processes, fulfilling timely client research requests, including high-level project execution and management, and facilitating in-person interactions between GLG’s clients and Council Members.
The Life Sciences division of Gerson Lehrman Group (GLG) works with over 100 of the world's most sophisticated pharma, biotech and medical device companies, including 9 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies and 8 of the top 20 global medical device and diagnostics companies. These clients use GLG to conduct diligence and primary research around critical investment and development decisions, and include executives in business development, strategy, licensing, strategic marketing, pricing, reimbursement, R&D and brand management.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Facilitating educational interactions between GLG experts and our clients, to permit our clients to make more informed and more confident business decisions. Research Associates are tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests by analyzing client requests, and building and qualifying primary populations of topic experts. Most GLG client – expert interactions consist of telephone consultations but also may consist of surveys, research travel programs, and other in-depth engagements.
- Engaging with clients daily to understand their needs and provide exceptional service.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils. Developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders and KOLs in the Healthcare sector.
- Growing GLG client relationships. Developing relationships with GLG clients, who are primarily senior leaders and professionals in the life sciences industry. This relationship development will stem primarily from project execution and telephone interactions, and in certain cases in person.
- Leading and owning GLG compliance standards. Clearly communicating to GLG clients and experts the integrity of the GLG platform as a key differentiator of our business and understanding the additional compliance considerations for the HC segment.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
Bachelor's degree or higher from a top-tier university. Background in life sciences preferred but not required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in client-facing or analyst role, or commensurate experience in consulting or related industry
- Strong interest in healthcare and science
- Superior communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Passion for fast-paced learning and client service, especially in a technology-enabled environment
- Ability to build and manage relationships across the full professional spectrum including senior colleagues and extremely senior outside professionals;
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism all their endeavors
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Ability and appetite to balance big-picture thinking with a detail-oriented execution
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.