Manager/Senior Manager, Projects – New York
GLG Projects is disrupting the management consulting industry by offering flexible and smart solutions, leveraging the world’s leading platform of subject matter experts. To support our fast growth in the advanced industrial and consumer products sectors, and to help us innovate further, we are looking for a professional with management consulting experience and an entrepreneurial mindset for our team in New York.
The Projects Manager/Senior Manager is a senior and experienced professional that helps business leaders solve some of their most complex business challenges by combining the problem-solving and management skills of top-tier independent consultants and the real-life experience of leading industry experts.
The role offers broad exposure to strategy development and implementation in a highly entrepreneurial environment. The manager role plays a dual role:
- Lead projects, clients, project teams, and internal resources to provide solutions to complex problems and ensure top quality level of service and deliverables and be the ultimate owner of a client engagement
- Help develop a successful, fast-growing business with everything that entails: developing long-term and short-term strategies, building trust-based lasting relationships, contributing to a great team culture, and coaching and mentoring more junior colleagues
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of work experience; 2+ years in management consulting and/or corporate strategy role
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Solid computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Office
- Strong interest in leading commercial negotiations and driving financial performance
To be successful in the role, you should also be:
- Bright, positive, and solutions oriented
- Creative and focusing on opportunities for growth
- Detail oriented, when needed
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.