GLG Projects helps life science and healthcare business leaders solve some of their most complex business challenges by combining the problem-solving and management skills of top-tier independent consultants and the real-life experience of leading industry experts. Projects are managed and run by GLG’s internal team of former top-tier consultants. This unique partnership approach provides streamlined, customized, and cost-effective project support.
The Life Sciences (LS) & Healthcare (HC) Projects team works with life science and healthcare companies to support them across a range of projects covering areas such as sales and marketing, business development, and strategy.
The LS Projects team is looking for a driven professional with significant experience working at a top-tier management consulting firm to help continue driving strength growth of the business.
The role offers broad exposure to strategy development and implementation in a highly entrepreneurial environment. Our internal team of former consultants plays a dual role:
- Support all aspects of project deal development and closing, manage projects from start to finish and work hand-in-hand with each engagement team and client to ensure top quality level of service and deliverables (i.e., similar to a principal / partner role in a traditional consulting firm)
- Lead internal and external Projects business development initiatives, and contribute to growing GLG SP to a $50M+ business
The Manager role offers exposure to a broad range of functional responsibilities, including product development, capital allocation, sales, marketing, and operations. The role also provides regular exposure to the full GLG senior management team and broader organization, and unlimited opportunities to build strong relationships with our clients.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3+ years at a management consulting firm in the life sciences & healthcare sector
- Commercial orientation and a deep desire to help grow the business
- Strong project management skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Solid computer skills, i.e., Power Point and Excel
- Strong interest in leading negotiations and closing deals
- Entrepreneurial zeal
- Team player
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Demonstrate business development and commercial skills
- Think critically with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Have the ability to connect the dots
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.