GLG is looking for an outstanding writer and editor to join our communications team.
GLG is the preeminent platform in the expert economy, which we founded 20 years ago and continue to lead today. Our platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Clients rely on GLG’s 600,000+ member-experts and 1,700 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework.
This role will be based in GLG’s New York headquarters and will assist with creating and curating content to help drive GLG’s brand and business forward, working closely with the Head of Public Affairs, the Head of Internal Communications, the Senior Writer, and the entire communications team. The ideal candidate will be a natural storyteller who can combine creative talent with a keen eye for detail and a focus on excellence, and who is comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Help develop, author, and edit press releases, internal announcements, articles, and other corporate communications devices, and help implement strategic communication, media relations, and internal communications initiatives and programs.
- Move flexibly between writing ad copy, product copy, and editorial content, maintaining our voice throughout.
- Collaborate with the business development and marketing teams, as required, to produce captivating stories and campaigns to drive brand awareness.
- Brainstorm, draft, and edit thought leadership pieces for owned and earned media opportunities, and contribute consistently engaging content to Smarter, our blog.
- Edit others' work for content and grammar.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in a communications, government, journalism, technology, or related enterprise, with demonstrated ability to carry out the above responsibilities.
- Proven writing ability, attention to detail, and strong technical proficiency.
- Proven editing ability and experience developing and maintaining copy standards.
- Experience implementing strategic internal and external communication programs is preferred.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills. We are looking for teammates who are flexible, proactive, and pragmatic, with ambitions and a creative drive to match an ever-expanding workload.
- A writing sample and portfolio of prior work is required.
For more information, visit: www.glg.it
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.