GLG is seeking candidates to join our Asia Delegate team in Shanghai. The Senior Asia Delegate Manager supports our North America Financial Services business and works directly to manage research inquiries coming from GLG Research Managers in New York, Austin, San Francisco and Boston.
The Senior Asia Delegate Manager is responsible for ensuring the team meets/exceeds key KPIs, working with leadership to develop and implement business performance improvement initiatives and collaborating with cross-geographical teams to execute on short and mid-term client projects and activities.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing and leading a team of junior to mid-level professionals. Ensure best in class client service practices are upheld through close coaching. Support direct reports in their professional development plans and actively manage team performance and people development. Role model GLG leadership and core values.
- Facilitating educational interactions between GLG experts (including industry executives, independent consultants, academics, and former policy makers across all sectors) and our U.S. based colleagues and clients. Clients seek GLG's support on due diligence research, internal studies, or other strategic/operational engagements. Interactions between GLG experts and clients mainly consist of 1:1 telephone consultations, but may also consist of surveys, in-person meetings, panels, or other custom, in-depth engagements.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils by developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders and business professionals across Greater China, as well as recruiting new senior executives and experts into GLG Councils through networking and direct outreach.
- Developing and implementing strategy to accelerate growth and revenue through collaboration with our Leadership team, Research team, and other GLG stakeholders.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 6 to 10 years' experience, ideally in consulting, private equity, market research, recruiting, or other professional services or start up environment
- 1 to 2 years’ experience managing a small team
- Proactive self-starter and track record of business growth / turnaround
- Successful track record of working in fast paced, client service environment
- Passion for problem solving
- Outstanding communication skills and willingness to call and engage senior professionals
- Experience working with different cultures
- Proficiency (oral and written) in English & Mandarin
- Understanding of the business climate. Interest in working across industries subjects ranging from industrials to consumer to healthcare
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for accelerated growth
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.