Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Grow the GLG Councils in Japan by recruiting key opinion leaders through research, networking, direct outreach and relationship building;
- Innovate and enhance GLG Council recruiting channels;
- Develop and maintain relationships with key thought leaders in GLG’s Japan Council across various sectors;
- Work closely with GLG Research team to identify business opportunities and strategically align recruiting efforts accordingly, as well as drive content and product opportunities;
- Build a working knowledge and network in one of GLG’s core industries (Technology, Media & Telecom / Energy & Industrials / Consumer Goods & Services / Legal & Regulatory Affairs) and develop awareness of broader industry trends / dynamics relevant to expert recruitment and client servicing;
- Consult with client-facing Research Managers to gauge clients’ needs and fulfill time-sensitive research requests by analyzing client inquiries and identifying and establishing consulting relationships with experts best suited to participate in such inquiries;
- Work on other initiatives associated with building the GLG Councils.
- Manage and lead a team of around 9 people
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Native Japanese speaker with fluency in English is a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree is a must
- Four to five years working experience in financial public relations, investor relations, journalism or conference / tradeshow production.
- Good understanding, awareness and interest in financial markets.
- Excellent oral and written communication in both English and Japanese required.
- Professional and confident in interpersonal interaction.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Intellectually curious with a passion for learning.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors.
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same.
- Express a strong desire to work in a team.
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs.
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform connecting professionals with expertise. We pair businesses and nonprofits in every sector with the largest network of experts from around the globe to drive smarter, faster decisions and help make the world work better. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and almost 2,000 employees to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within our rigorous compliance framework. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.