The VP Business Development will have direct responsibility for GLG’s focus on Japan client relationships, including developing deeper relationships with existing clients, understanding opportunities to increase Research product coverage at existing clients, developing organized marketing activities and hosting GLG exclusive Events in Tokyo, and growing GLG’s Japan new client base.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Growing GLG existing client relationships. Developing relationships with GLG clients, who are primarily lead investment professionals across Asia and Japan. This relationship development will stem from in-person client meetings, and telephone interactions. Business Development Managers develop deep relationships with key contact points at client firms, and identify suitable opportunities for cross-selling, upgrades and other revenue opportunities.
- Strategizing, identifying and bringing on new clients in Japan. Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including sales and costs - especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Hosting frequently held GLG events in Tokyo. Hosting small group conversations between GLG experts and GLG clients.
- Developing organized marketing activities. Plan and hold client optimization formal meetings and socials with prospects.
- Team-wide collaboration. Work closely with other Business Development colleagues and sector-specialized Research Managers to deepen existing client relationships and identify new prospects.
- Enhancing the GLG brand in Japan. Developing relationships across the financial industry in Japan, and acting as a mature, personable face of GLG in Japan.
Favoured applicants will have:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a Top tier undergraduate institution
- 12 to 15 years' experience in equities sales.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial / leadership skills, with clear focus on Sales and business profit
- Outstanding communication skills and a team player
- Proficiency (oral and written) in English & Japanese
- Experience interacting with senior executives
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavours;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, while leading others to do the same;
- Express a strong desire to work in a global team;
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time;
- Demonstrate strong business savvy, entrepreneurial spirit and potential leadership skills
Salary: Competitive base salary plus eligibility for, depending on the role, a year-end performance based discretionary bonus.
Healthcare: Japan National Health and Pension
Vacation: 15 days per year plus national and TSE holidays
Notes: Gerson Lehrman Group does not allow employees to trade stocks or certain other securities to avoid appearances of conflict of interest. GLG also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-competition agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.