We are seeking candidates for a Team Leader position on the GLG Asia Global Servicing team in Dublin. The Team Leader will manage the team towards meeting or exceeding business targets, developing direct and indirect reports’ capabilities and skills through coaching, feedback, and performance management and serving as hands on support for the team’s opportunities. In addition, the role also entails working closely with Research teams in the APAC region providing support on their ongoing client projects, as well as new projects, which are received after APAC work hours.
Our team based in Dublin services clients across the APAC region, and engages primarily with experts in the US and EMEA regions. This particular role will initially provide leadership oversight for a team between 3:30 PM and 12:00 AM, Dublin Time. This role will transition into a Team Leader for a team between 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM, Dublin Time, within 6 – 9 months.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Partner with Research leads on Client opportunities, delivering excellent service, appropriate load balancing/staffing, maximizing market share and revenue, and role modeling and upskilling core workflow behaviors, compliance, and GLG culture
- Manage team to hit commercial and service targets
- Manage day-to-day and week-to-week team commercial research activities by checking and setting priorities, and managing volume across each team member
- Act as a role model in best practices, compliance, and the GLG culture
- Give feedback and coach directly; train and support new members of the team
- Develop direct reports through real-time daily feedback, project partnership, talent plans and structured 1x1s
- Collaborate with APAC AGS leader on professional development plans and tracking levels for direct reports
- Manage a team of individuals with future growth plans in 2019
- Support team hiring needs (i.e. interviews) and collaborate with APAC AGS leader on future hiring needs for book of business
- Build the required skills to master for the role
- Ensure team adheres to Research best practices guidelines, identify gaps in workflow related best practices (e.g. intake, highlights, recruiting, updates, etc.) and timely provide feedback to adjust behaviors
- Learn key leading and lagging indicators (i.e. yield, market share, margins, quality, service, and commercial) for own team on weekly basis (or more often, as needed)
- Lead team check-in / check-out per best practices, ensuring each team member works on the right priorities, and overriding priorities as needed to maximize commercial success
- Participate in daily pod check-in per best practices and support load balancing across the pod as requested
- Act as team liaison for basic cost management related issues (i.e. expenses, CM fees), seeking guidance as needed
- Manage team admin (i.e. time-off calendar, OTE, etc.), in collaboration with the APAC AGS leader
- Support Leadership with initiatives by contributing to problem solving sessions, brainstorming, strategy discussions, testing, implementation, and measuring effectiveness as requested
- Partner with BU, Sales, or other cross-functional leaders as a representative as requested by Leadership
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 3-4 years' experience demonstrating best in class client-service capabilities
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of client-service professionals
- Successful track record of working in fast paced, client-service environment
- Strong go-do attitude and track record of business growth / turnaround
- Passion for problem solving and continuous improvement
- Ability to take full ownership of allocated responsibilities and leading by example
- Outstanding communication skills and willingness to call and engage senior professionals
- Understanding of different types of clients and interest in working across industries (energy, consumer, healthcare, technology, business services, real estate, etc.)
Competitive base salary plus eligibility for, depending on the role, a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus with comprehensive benefits programme (including healthcare coverage and a contributory pension plan), and 24 holidays per year. Additional benefits of transport back home and a dinner allowance are granted to those who work the afternoon hours of 3:30 PM and 12:00 AM, only.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.