GLG is seeking people, research, and commercial leaders to drive success for its Survey product. The Director of Surveys will lead a team that helps clients qualify and quantify industry and market trends through pipeline analyses, commercial assessments, product forecasting, and general marketplace investigation.
The Director of Surveys will report to the vice president within the client segment and will be a key member of a rapidly growing business unit. Collaboration with internal partners and GLG’s sophisticated client base will be crucial for success. Ideal candidates will be energized by working in a high-energy, fast-paced, start-up-like environment. Successful candidates will be passionate about research design and able to teach and deploy a variety of market research methodologies. Candidates must be commercially motivated with a passion for driving business and growing a team.
- Private Equity Firms: Private Equity (PE) clients require high-level project management capabilities. Candidates interested in this position must be able to lead teams in servicing high-touch, demanding clients with rapid turnarounds
- Pitching, execution, and delivery of customized survey products to GLG’s PE clients
- Commercial success management through marketing, client interaction, and excellence in project delivery
- Innovation in survey and polling design to expand the team’s delivery capabilities to include a wide variety of quantitative products
- Building relationships with clients and internal stakeholders to increase awareness of, and confidence in, GLG Survey's capabilities (this may involve up to 10% travel)
- Development, implementation, and enforcement of best practices for project execution along with oversight of team member training and growth
- Collaboration with segment Vice President on growth strategy, development, and execution
- 7-10+ years of survey market research, consulting, or similar experience
- 5+ years of experience within a private equity firm a plus
- A degree in market research, business, or another related field
- Experience analyzing results and/or communicating quantitative research methodologies and capabilities to stakeholders and clients
- Experience with statistical techniques
- Experience with the marketing and sales of research products
- Experience leading teams and developing junior members
- Experience collaborating with team members in a high-throughput, deadline-driven, process-oriented, client-servicing environment
- A demonstrated understanding of the deal cycle a plus
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman GroupNotes:
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.