If you are a Council Member, you have agreed and are additionally subject to the Terms and Conditions of Council Membership
Personal Information and Other Data We Collect
GLG collects information that you voluntarily provide to us, including your name, contact details, and professional biography. GLG collects additional information from Council Members about, for example, their participation in the GLG CouncilsSM and interactions with our clients. GLG may also collect information about Council Members from our clients and third parties.
When you visit our Sites, we send one or more cookies a small file containing a string of characters to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the Sites during future visits. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.)
GLG's servers automatically record information when you visit our Sites. These servers' logs include information such as your web request and Internet Protocol address.
Use Of Your Information
We use your information to process and administer details of your Council Membership, to provide you with opportunities to participate in the GLG Councils, and to keep you up to date with new developments at GLG. We also use and analyze the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business.
We do not sell or share your personal information obtained through our Sites with third parties for their marketing purposes. GLG and trusted third parties process personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected.
GLG may contact you using personal information you voluntarily provide. In particular, we may contact Council Members about specific projects or consulting opportunities.
If you begin but do not complete the application process, GLG may contact you based on information you provide us to determine if you wish to complete the process of becoming a Council Member.
Disclosure Of Your Information
Your information will be held by GLG in the United States and may also be held and accessed by GLG staff and third parties working for GLG, or GLG's subsidiaries and affiliates, inside and outside the United States. If your information is gathered outside the United States, it may be transferred to GLG's United States offices to be used for these purposes, and it may be transferred to and shared with any of GLG's worldwide locations. You may request a full list of all subsidiaries and affiliates of Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc.
GLG may disclose your information in response to legal process, to protect our rights, as otherwise required by law, or for the prevention or detection of a crime. If we sell our company or part of it, or our business enters into a joint venture with another business entity, GLG may disclose your information to our new business partners or owners who may then provide you with information about their products and services.
Additional provisions applicable only to Council Members:
- GLG may disclose your information to Clients.
- GLG may disclose your information to third parties, such as current and former employers and companies that you have provided services to or contracted with, for the purpose of confirming any consents or approvals that you may need to participate in the GLG Councils or in specific Project(s).
- GLG's Clients, if required by law or the Clients compliance policies, may disclose information about their projects with you, for example your name and the amount you were paid on the project ("Required Client Disclosures"). For example, a pharmaceutical company may be required to publicly disclose certain of its interactions with healthcare professionals.
- GLG reserves the right to conduct background checks on you, including through a third-party service. GLG may seek to verify your employment history and check for any criminal history. GLG may seek to verify the duration and accurate invoicing and description of Projects you conduct for Clients.
- GLG Reseach may share your information with non-Client third parties for the purpose of promoting GLG's business, including without limitation by displaying such information on GLG's websites, print media and other materials (collectively, "Marketing Materials"), subject to your right to opt-out, as provided in the Terms and Conditions of Council Membership.
Accessing & Updating Your Information
You are entitled to see the personal information held about you, subject to GLG's confidentiality obligations to its clients. You may also request that we make changes to your personal information so that it is accurate and kept up to date, and we may update your information using data obtained from third parties. Council Members are required regularly to update the biographical and employment information that they provide to GLG.
GLG may provide tools on the Sites to forward content from the Sites to others through e-mail or other means. E-mail address(es) that you supply for content forwarding will be used for that purpose only.
Refer A Colleague
You may use the "Refer a Colleague" feature to send an e-mail to a colleague who has consented to being contacted by us. Your name will appear as the sender on the referral e-mail. The referral e-mail offers recipients the ability to opt-out of receiving further referral e-mails. GLG may store referral information in order to present other opportunities to your colleagues. Only provide a telephone number if your colleague has consented to being contacted by GLG by phone.
Security & Information Retention
Changes To This Policy
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to the following e-mail address email@example.com
or to Legal Department, Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. 60 East 42nd Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10165 (212) 984-8500 (phone), (212) 984-2485 (fax).