GLG Launches GLG Applied: The Future of Payments – Content Series with Insights from Top Industry Experts
November 1, 2017
Videos Featuring Nine Leading Experts Reveal How Rapid Changes in Payment Technology are Reshaping Business Models
New York, New York; November 1, 2017 — GLG (Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc.), the world’s leading membership for professional learning, today announced its new series GLG Applied: The Future of Payments. In each edition of GLG Applied, GLG investigates a topic that is trending for businesses, including its clients, and curates insights from GLG Council Members and other experts. “The Future of Payments” features experts discussing developments in the payments industry, including the rise of Bitcoin, the decline of credit cards, and the spending habits of millennials.
“Much like we carefully match and select industry experts for client learning, we’ve curated the best and smartest people in the payments space to share their insights and experience,” said Elizabeth Grausam, GLG SVP of Corporate Markets. “The experts featured in these videos represent the depth and breadth of knowledge GLG is able to call on to help our clients understand fast-moving shifts in business. We hope these videos not only offer viewers new insights, but also inspire them to continue the conversation and learn more in their own professional lives.”
GLG Applied: The Future of Payments covers changes in payment technologies and services that are affecting industries worldwide, in sectors from finance to retail. Featured interviews with leading executives, technologists, and thought leaders include:
- Will Credit Cards Survive?: Darryl Brown, Former President, Americas at American Express
- A Scary Time for Retail: Casey Carl, Former Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer at Target
- Designing Payments for Real People: Erik Moga, Program Director at IDEO.org
- The Disappearance of Payments: David True, Partner at PayGility Advisors
- Blockchain and the Value of Trust: Michael Perklin, Chief Information Security Officer at ShapeShift
- Why Payment Channels Matter: Ken Hertzler, Former Head of Product Marketing and Programs at Vantiv
- Taking Bitcoin Mainstream: Adam White, Managing Director at Coinbase
- Mobile Payments 2.0: Kameliya Vladimirova, Former Head of Mobile Payments Strategy at Visa
- Innovations from China and India: Deborah Baxley, Partner at PayGility Advisors
The Future of Payments is the third edition of GLG Applied. In previous editions, GLG Applied: AI Innovators focused on how artificial intelligence is disrupting business and industry, and GLG Applied: Business in the Era of Trump featured leading policy and industry experts on the implications of the Trump Administration for businesses.
Other GLG video series include Anatomy of a Decision, which features key leaders in business, politics, and academia discussing how they made some of their toughest decisions; Expertise at GLG, which showcases GLG Council Members sharing what they know best; and Leading Learners, where GLG clients share how they use GLG to learn and innovate. All videos are free to watch and can be found on GLG’s website at www.GLG.it/videos/.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading membership for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from more than 500,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,400 employees work from offices in 12 countries. For more information visit www.GLG.it.