First Videos Feature Senior Executives from GE, Calty/Toyota, Cisco, Others
New York, New York; February 4, 2016 — GLG (Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc.) today launched an online video series, Leading Learners, which features top professionals (all GLG clients) sharing how they learn in complex and competitive environments. The eight leaders appearing in the videos are groundbreakers who are rethinking how they and their companies learn; in this series, they share stories and tips for exploring on-demand and interactive learning. The videos are on GLG’s website at GLG.it/videos.
“Our mission is to transform the way the world’s top professionals share expertise and learn,” said GLG President and CEO Alexander Saint-Amand. “The rapid pace of innovation and changes in the way we work today are making all of us lifelong learners. These leading learners stand at the forefront of a paradigm shift. Their videos capture the range of opportunities possible with on-demand, peer-to-peer learning.”
The series’ first eight videos feature:
- Rick Chavez – Founder & Partner, RJC Advisors; Digital Transformation: A Fact, Not a Fad
- Dyan Finkhousen – Director, Open Innovation & Advanced Manufacturing, GE; Outside Expertise Gives Innovation a Turbo Boost
- Brett Fleshman – Senior Director, Strategy & Corporate Development, Chiesi USA; Pharma M&A Starts with a Phone Call (or Five)
- Andrew MacLachlan – Manager, Strategic Planning & Communications, Calty Design / Toyota Motor Corporation; Creative Pioneers Inspire a Car Dream Factory
- Karen Sanders – Senior Director, Enterprise Strategy & Operations, Cisco Systems; Tech Giant Invests in Product Managers to Stay Ahead
- Kelly Sickles – Director of Finance, Boxed Wholesale; Startup Positioned to Win Every Pitch
- Christina Välimäki – Senior Director, Chemicals Industry Strategic Marketing, Elsevier; Specialty Marketing Calls for Deep Industry Expertise
- Simon Yeung – Vice President, Research & Development, Valspar; The Best Questions Are About Questions
GLG was founded to serve professionals who needed perspective they couldn’t find in one-size-fits-all industry reports, courses, or conferences. Today GLG facilitates thousands of connections a week between the world’s leading investors, entrepreneurs, corporations, consulting firms, nonprofits, and startups – and a teaching membership of 425,000 policy specialists, academics, engineers, former C-level managers, professional leaders, and other subject matter experts.
Leading Learners is GLG’s second series produced and directed by documentary filmmaker Jessica Chermayeff. Her previous work includes producing the award-winning and Emmy-nominated documentary Kehinde Wiley: An Economy of Grace, which was shortlisted for an Academy Award, and associate producing Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn’s Half the Sky documentary series.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from more than 425,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s approximately 1,100 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries. For more information visit www.GLG.it.